Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In which we explore waterfalls

I'm overdue for an update!

Two Tuesdays ago my friends Annie, Theresa and I traveled down to Silver Falls and hiked the 8.5 mile "Ten Falls Loop" If you have the stamina do NOT miss this hike! We had a wonderful time counting all the waterfalls, singing songs, taking silly pictures, etc. Amazing! Many of the falls we were able to walk behind.

My camera's batteries unfortunately died shortly into the hike but luckily Annie is a talented photographer and is allowing me to link to her photos of our hike. Click here to check out her fabulous shots! PS the scale of the falls is hard to convey - see if you can spot the little dots that are me and Theresa walking behind the falls!

Here are a few teasers that I salvaged from my camera:


I call this one the old man


Behind some falls


Yay, self-timer! This is Annie, Theresa and me.


Link



As if I didn't get enough waterfalls for the month, today Theresa and I took a low-key hike around Lacamas Park in Camas, Washington. Despite the forecast for cold and rainy weather, it was actually quite pleasant with intermittent sunshine and no rain at all! When hiking in the Pacific Northwest you really can't count on the weather reports and just have to be prepared for anything.

We did a little off-trail hiking for a time and I amused myself by trying out the high speed shooting options on my camera. I was very pleased with the abstract results! I've posted some of my favorites at the bottom.

Theresa contemplates the meaning of life



Yes, I slipped on this log shortly after taking this photo but I caught myself on my knee and stayed on! Go go gadget balance!





The "pot holes"


View from the foot of the falls, one foot in the water!





My artsy shots. Best to click on them to view the full-sized images if you like any in particular! I like how the high shutter speed makes the water look like a glass sculpture.












No comments:

Post a Comment